* Stay Hydrated, since you will be sweating a lot, drinking plenty of water before, during, and after class is important.
* Avoid eating a big meal prior to class, a light snack 1-2 hours before is encouraged.
* Ease into it. It is your yoga practice, do what you are comfortable with, and try not to compare yourself to others.
*Be careful not to overstretch.
You may feel extra bendy, be careful not to push past your limits, as you may end up injured.
* Check in with yourself. Lay in Savasana (resting pose) if you feel weak or light headed.
* Try a tradition yoga class first if you have never done yoga. Traditional yoga offers many of the same benefits.
* Classes are 60 to 90 minutes long. The temperature in the room can range from 80 to 108 degrees F with varying humidity levels.
* Wear moisture-wicking materials like spandex. And try to arrive 10-15 minutes early to set up for your first hot yoga class.
* A hand towel to keep sweat from dripping into your eyes.
* A yoga mat, Joy Bird Yoga does offer mats to use for free.
*A water bottle , Joy Bird Yoga has a water dispenser to fill up your water if needed.
*A hair tie or headband.